Face Wash Overview
Face wash is a popular beauty and personal care product. A face wash is a substance that is used in place of the standard soap to wash our faces. Many substances have been developed by companies that offer a more advanced alternative to soap that is used to clean our skins, especially our faces.
A face wash is a foaming substance and is highly applied when removing deep-seated dirt and grim which leaves individuals feeling thoroughly clean and refreshed.
Basically, the face wash is liquid soap. And it is a specialty soap for the face and sensitive skin. Additionally, almost every age group of the population uses this product these days. So it is getting rapid popularity in the Indian market. Additionally, you can produce liquid body wash from the same production unit. And it will help you in enhancing the overall profitability of your company.
A face wash eliminates the dirt, dead skin cells, oil, and grime from the pores and offers deep cleansing. They produce a good amount of lather and may contain more astringent ingredients.
Generally, face washes provide a number of benefits. Some of them are mentioned as follows:
- Nourishes skin
- Unclogs pores
- Removes pollutants
- Cleanse the skin due to their antimicrobial properties
- Controls excessive oil
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties smooth the skin
- Removes dead cells etc.
There are several different types of face wash you can find in the market. Broadly, you can find two types such as for men and for women. Additionally, you will find face wash for dry skin, normal skin, oily skin, for face lightening, etc. Herbal products are also gaining rapid popularity. Some of the most popular brands are Ponds, Lakme, Himalaya, Garnier, Nivea, Neutrogena, etc. However, in the Indian market, there is enough scope for establishing new brands in the market.
Is Face Wash Manufacturing Business Profitable?
Face is the reflection of beauty. This is the reason that at present everyone wants that his face should look beautiful, smooth and soft. For this purpose, face wash is used. A portion of the world’s best face wash brands have a place in India. And it is one of the essential personal care products today. Additionally, the product is not only popular in the metro cities but also popular in small towns and rural areas.
People are becoming more conscious about their personal care, looks, and beauty. Broadly, these are the major reasons for the increasing popularity of the product. Additionally, TV advertising, brand promotion, and wide availability play a substantial role in enhancing the market.
Any individual can start this business on a small-medium and large-scale basis. Additionally, the production process is simple. The business doesn’t demand any sort of complex machinery. The raw materials are also widely available in the market throughout the country.
How to start your Face Wash Business (A quick glance)
There is no secret to starting a successful face wash business. The key is to create a product that people will love and want to use every day. Additionally, be sure to focus on creating an unique brand that set you apart from the competition. Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Research your target audience. What do they need and want? What are their concerns? Once you know what your customers want, it’s easier to develop a product that meets their needs.
2. Create a strong brand identity. Your face wash should have a unique name and logo that will identify it as yours. Make sure your packaging is eye-catching and reflects your brand personality.
3. Promote your product aggressively. Get creative with your marketing materials, such as social media posts, online ads, and merchandizing items. You also may want to participate in events and trade shows related to your industry.
4. Be prepared for tough competition. Face wash is one of the most popular products on the market, so be prepared for fierce competition from other brands trying to win over consumers. Keep prices low while still offering quality products and services.
6 Steps to Start a Face Wash Manufacturing Unit
1. Create a Business Plan for Face Wash Making Business
Create a comprehensive business plan for face wash making business. Determine the type of face wash that you will be making. In initiating a manufacturing business it is recommended to have a sample project report in hand. Calculate the startup budget with the fix and working capital needed.
Consider the expenses for legal compliances. Clearly, fix your marketing and promotion strategy and expenses. Check the water pH balance of the location where you are going to establish the unit. Choose an attractive catchy name for your product.
2. Business Compliance for Face Wash Business
The product comes with drug and cosmetic Act certification. So you must maintain the quality standard according to the act. It is advisable to check your local law. However, here we put some of the basic considerations.
- Register your business with ROC with the right form of business organization. You can start with a proprietorship or partnership firm. However, in this business, it is always better to have a corporate identity.
- Obtain Trade License from the local Municipal authority.
- Apply for Udyog Aadhaar MSME online registration
- Apply for a license under Drug & Cosmetic Act
- Apply for GST Registration Number
- Additionally, register the brand name with Trademark
3. Face Wash Manufacturing Plant Setup & Machines
A 2000 Sq Ft space is sufficient for starting a small-scale operation. Apart from the production area, you will need to have space for storage and office work. Check the location before finalizing the place. You must have electricity, an adequate water supply, and a good drainage system. Additionally, you must have a laboratory setup for testing and quality maintenance.
Some of the basic required machines are
- S.S. Jacketed Vessel with stirrer & speed control.
- Semi-automatic bottle filling machine.
- Storage Tanks, LLDPE,
- Tools & Misc. equipment
- Water circulating Pump
- Testing & laboratory equipment
4. Face Wash Manufacturing Process & Raw Materials
Basic Required raw materials are
- Nonyl Phenol Ethoxylate
- Diethylene glycol
- HDPE bottles
- Corrugated box
Firstly, the Nonyl Phenol Ethoxylate and water (40% of the total volume) are mixed slowly with stirrer. After mixing, Diethylene glycol is added slowly to this mixer with slow stirring. Now following this, SLES is added followed by perfume and colour. The continues circulation of cool water is
necessary to control the temperature. Finally, it is packed in bottles or tubes after getting cooled at room temperature. As far as its quality is concerned, its quality should be as per the rules mentioned in the Drug and Cosmetic Act.
In the face wash manufacturing business, you will need to keep a chemist. Additionally, pay attention to marketing and distribution.
5. Cost & Investment For Face Wash Manufacturing Business
In starting this business, you must have a business plan or project report in hand. And from there you will have a detailed financial projection. If you do not have your own premises, then it is advisable to start from a rental location.
Starting the business from rented space eliminates the upfront heavy investment for land and building. However, you will need to invest fixed capital for machinery purchase.
In the working capital, you will need to invest in raw materials, staffing, licensing, administrative expenses, and transportation. However, you must have a budget for advertising and promotion.
The cost of the Face Wash manufacturing business depends upon production output, features, and scale of operation. The investment of the business starts from 1 Lakh to 10 Lakhs for small scale
6. Promote Your Face Wash Business
The first step to successfully market your Face Wash product is to choose a business name and logo. The next step involves in selling the product in wholesale quantity. Visit local stores such as spas and beauty salons and give free samples for them to try. If they are interested in buying your products, then offer them wholesale pricing.
Next, sell your products from the web marketplaces like Amazon and other e-commerce websites. Additionally, you can open your own online store with a little investment.