if you want to start desi ghee business, then first of all , you must have something unique, that others are not providing
- if you have in house milk production, that is very good
- if you have not your own buffalos or cows, then tie-up with someone, who could provide pure milk, because for producing desi ghee , the quality depends on the purity and quality of the milk.
- processing unit , you must have machines if you want automatic plant or you can hire employeees to make ghee,
- third option is you can outsource ghee production to someone, you could rely, or you can outsource to many families in some village
- then comes quality check , packing, branding
- for selling in local market , word of mouth works.
- you must also go online, if you desires so, for that you can build digital team , who could promote it on social media platforms and promote through paid promotion.
It takes 30 litres of Desi ( Indian breed) cow milk to make 1 kg of pure ghee. 1 litre of this milk is sold at Rs.60
30 litres of Desi cow milk = 1 kg pure ghee.
Rs.1800 only for cow milk (60 x 30) + churning of ghee from curd+ packaging + operational cost + transport + gst + profit .
The purest ghee from Desi cows should not be less than Rs.2500/ Kg to Rs.3000/kg. There are some genuine people selling such organic ghee for this price.
To sell your ghee online, you must meet the set quality standards of leading e-commerce platforms. You must have an FSSAI license, quality packaging and storage, detailed nutritional information about the product and good images to get started.
Watch Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO4WJ21E1UI